Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Cone of Shame

So we finally got Impala fixed, in the hopes that he will stop pissing all over the house. I dropped him off yesterday and picked him up today. He was remarkably good in the car on the way there. He barely made a sound and didn't even seem to be nervous. Obviously things were a bit different on the way back; he was still quiet, but he looked incredibly sad and hopeless. I think he had just given up and decided that he had no chance of surviving the experience. I was really worried about him until I got him back inside the house, then he realized where he was and started screaming and thrashing himself against the crate. Now he has pretty much been hiding under my bed since we got back. I'm fairly certain he will never forgive me, and for good reason.
Also, they gave him a cone of shame and now I feel like the worst person ever. 


2 comments:

  1. I think that cat deserves some time in the cone of shame. It might teach him some humility :) Or not to piss on everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true. I still feel bad for him though; he's so unhappy with that thing on. I just hope this works. Otherwise I am pretty much at a loss.

      Delete