Thursday, June 20, 2013

If I Ever Have Kids

First of all, let me just clarify that this is highly unlikely to happen, but if it does I will;
1- Adopt them, mostly because I don't feel that it is ethical to bring any more children into the world when there are already so many who don't have families. Also because the entire pregnancy/childbirth process is rather horrifying to me.
2- Tell them that they are adopted and explain to them that it is a good thing and nothing to be ashamed of. I think it's ridiculous for people to treat adoption like some horrible secret.
3- Raise them vegan, obviously.
4- Tell them why they are vegan from a very early age.
5- Teach them to appreciate nature instead of spending all of their time indoors like most kids do today.
6- Talk to them like they are adults. I hate it when people treat their children like they're stupid.
7- Let them wear whatever the fuck they want. Kids don't care about appearances and people should let it stay that way as long as possible.
8- Give them crazy, unique names. I am partial to Darien for a boy (which I got from Darien Fawkes of The Invisible Man, my first fictional love) and Serenity for a girl (which I actually thought of before I ever watched Firefly, but I do kind of like the idea of naming a girl after a ship).
9- Encourage them to do whatever it is that they love doing no matter how weird, impractical, unconventional, etc. it may be.
10- Teach them to fight from the time they are old enough to go to school, just in case any of the above leads to them getting picked on. I would so much rather have kids who get in trouble for standing up for themselves than kids who are miserable because they don't know how.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a plan! I love those names and all your ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so much a plan as a very slim possibility. Thank you though :)

      Delete