Thursday, June 13, 2013

If I Ever Have a Wedding

Lately it seems that weddings have been a major theme among my, very limited, social circle. Plus I spend a great deal of time on Pinterest and it's like half wedding shit all the time. Anyway, this made me start thinking about what sort of stuff I would do if I ever got married. I've decided that I would;

1- Have an entirely vegan wedding (obviously). If anyone expects me to provide meat for them, they obviously don't know me well enough to be coming anyway.
2- Have the ceremony outside, possibly in the woods, possibly at night, possibly both, definitely some place I wouldn't have to pay for.
3- Wear a short dress with tall boots, and hopefully buy it at a thrift store.
4- Tell the guests to wear something weird or absurd instead of the usual formal looking shit.
5- Make all the decorations myself.
6. Wear a charm shaped like the TARDIS (Amy can tell you why)
7- Use either fake flowers or flowers that are still alive, because cut flowers make me feel bad.
8- Have a pandan cake.
9- Possibly do the whole handfasting thing. I had never heard of it before but a facebook friend was talking about doing it at her wedding so I looked it up and it's a very cool concept.
10- Marry someone who would like all of these things. This would be the tough one.
 By the way, I wrote this last night but couldn't post it because fucking Hughesnet is afraid of thunder. 

6 comments:

  1. I love all these ideas! If you ever decide to get married, I would be happy to help you pull this off :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure it will be quite a while, if it ever actually does happen :)

      Delete
  2. I especially like the short dress and tall boots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it would be really cool. I've never actually seen anyone do it, I'm not sure why.

      Delete
    2. It would be awesome! Everyone should do it.

      Delete