Monday, June 24, 2013

Thanks for the Ego Boost

Today I was out shopping with my mom and my sister. When they went to checkout, I stopped to look at the movies. As I was reading the back of one of the DVD boxes, I looked up and there was this guy staring at me. Like really staring at me. Of course, being the awkward human being that I am, I just sort of glanced at him and then quickly walked to the register and got in line beside my mom. I looked back a minute later and he was still looking at me. Despite the fact that he was being somewhat overly intense, it was nice. Up to this point, pretty much the only guys who have shown the slightest interest in me have been at least twice my age and highly creepy. This guy was actually around my age and only slightly creepy. Huge step in the right direction, right? Well then, just as we are about to leave, I look back at him one more time and what do I see? Him talking to himself! Not in a quirky sort of way, in a schizophrenic sort of way with agitated pacing and exaggerated hand gestures. So I would just like to thank the Powers that Be (I've decided to start saying that instead of the Universe) for that. You guys are some seriously talented practical jokers. They were like "Hey, see that girl over there who looks like she's on the verge of a nervous breakdown? Let's make her think that someone is actually attracted to her when really he just has severe psychological problems. That'll be hilarious!" Thanks fuckers.
I think it was these guys. They seem like the type. 

2 comments: