Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Nomad

Lately I have been thinking how nice it would be to just travel aimlessly. This is not something I had ever really wanted before. I mean I always thought it would be nice to travel some, if I had the chance, but lately I have had this strange urge to just take off and never stop. You know how I mentioned before about those recurring themes in my life that I never really seem to understand? Well the new one seems to be all about this nomadic lifestyle. The last three books that I've read have all had distinct overtones of wandering, which I did not expect at all before I read them. Also, I have been seeing a good number of turtles around, which my mom looked up in her animal symbolism book (Please note, I'm not actually saying that I believe in it) and found that they represent the idea of travel because they carry their homes with them. Now I keep thinking that what I want to do is buy a camper, and preferably a car that will go in all directions, and just keep driving around forever. Of course, this is not something that will ever happen for a multitude of different reasons, the most obvious being the many animals who depend on me to take care of them. This leads me to, once again, ask the question "What the fuck, Powers that Be?"
Even if I never get to travel, I still think it would be pretty damn cool to live in one of these. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I don't even know what it is about them, but I just love them! I fully intend to have one someday, perhaps a bit larger than this one. That would be a bit cramped :/

      Delete