Sunday, August 2, 2015

Does This Sound Like an Old Ship to You?

Sooooo....... I think there is a cance I may have a cracked rib. I don't know, I mean I've never had one before, so I'm not sure what it feels like. But it hurts when I breathe, and it hurts a lot when I move in certain ways. At first, I thought "There's no way that's what it is!" because I though for sure that if I had done something to crack one of my ribs I would remember it. Then, today, when I tried to do sit-ups with my 100 pound sandbag I realized what may have happened. See, when I layed back with the thing on my chest I was suddenly in an intense ammount of pain. Since I'm a dumbass, I went ahead and tried to do the sit-ups anyway. I found that I just physically couldn't. Then I started to realize that there is a chance that I have been slowly crushing myself to death for the past month or so. In retrospect, perhaps putting a hundred punds of weight directly on my ribcaged and then sitting up and then letting it smash me into the floor fifty time in a row every day was not the best idea.

Anyway, my dad and I were supposed to finsh my pump-house today, but that didn't happen because I had an emergency project that had to be done riht away. Since I couldn't use my sand bag (and I was obviously not going to let intense pain stop me from doing my workout) I had to find some other method for working my abs that would be as effective without the possibilty of ending up with a punctured lung. So we had to build a something that would allow me to hang upside down, and do sit-ups that way. I still don't think there's any chance that we would have gotten the pumphouse finished (it ended up being much more complicated than we had anticipated) but we certainly would have gotten a lot more done than we did. Oh well, at least I can do sit-ups without possibly dying. So that's something.
Claire- What does a cracked rib sound like?
Matt- ......an old ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment