Monday, January 13, 2014

Let Me Explain

Here is my list of all the reasons I can think of that I SHOULD take the bounty hunter training.

1- It is probably the closest I will ever come to doing the things I actually want to do, which are all only viable careers if you live in a fictional world.
2- There is a chance it might actually give me the things I am looking for in a job; meaning, enjoyment, excitement, enough money to live on, a decent amount of personal freedom, etc.
3- I think it might just be the best chance of me ever making use of my, very specialized qualifications.
4- Whenever anyone, specifically my parents, give me advice on what jobs I should try I frequently find myself saying "Do you think I look like someone who could get hired to be a ______?" Well, you know what? I think I kind of do look like someone who could get hired to be a bounty hunter.
5- It would make me feel like a total badass which, as I'm sure you all know, is one of my biggest goals in life.
6- I think there is a god chance it could help me to achieve some of my other goals, like maybe #31, #36, #79, and #83 for example. Or maybe I just think that because I watch too much TV, who knows.
7- The training costs $600, which sounds like kind of a lot of money (at least to me) until I think about how much debt I have from all of the other education I've gotten that ended up doing me absolutely no good. So basically, even if I never use it, it's not that much of a waste when you consider my history.
8- If I don't end up actually working as a bounty hunter, I still think the training may very well be the coolest fucking thing I've ever done. Seriously, just read the schedule and tell me that doesn't sound like THE MOST FUN!
9- According to this site, in WV, the average bounty hunter makes $45,000 a year. Shit, if I could make half that I'd still be doing better than I have with any of my other jobs (sadly).
10- I found this on Pinterest yesterday and I thought to myself "You know what? Okay! I will!"

No comments:

Post a Comment