Friday, January 10, 2014

Laziness?

I feel like everyone around me probably thinks that I am this lazy useless piece of shit. I think I mentioned before that I have been doing some work on these rental houses in Fairmont? Well, right now, I'm supposed to be removing a wallpaper border and then painting in some of the rooms. I have been going over and working on it for two or three hours a day, instead of just working a few full days and getting it done. I know that would be the logical thing to do, but here's the thing; I just can't make myself do that. I can think "Okay, I am going to go peel wallpaper off the wall for a couple hours." I can't think "I'm going to get up super early and then spend my entire day scratching at a wall." This is causing the job to take forever, and I know I should just hurry up and get it done, but I can't. I don't know how to explain myself to people, because I know how that sounds. It sounds like I'm just being lazy and irresponsible. I can work. I can work hard, I don't mind that. I actually like hard work, but I want it to mean something. I just have some much meaningless shit in my life that I can't handle anymore and, I'm sorry, I just can't find meaning in scraping wallpaper. I have gotten to the point where the thought of spending an entire day doing one more thing that I don't want to do makes me feel like I'm going to spontaneously combust (Is it still called that if you see it coming? I guess that wouldn't be very spontaneous.). I just feel like I already spend all of my time trying to pretend that I don't hate everything as much as I do. Fucking hell! Why does it have to be so hard to find any kind of work that doesn't feel like meaningless bullshit?

2 comments:

  1. I never think that you are lazy! I also have a really hard time motivating myself to do things I hate, even when I have to do them. I'm sorry you are hating your current work so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm pretty sure everyone else does though. It's not even that I hate the work that much. It's just that it's one more thing that I HAVE to do, that I don't give a shit about.

      Delete