Sunday, January 12, 2014

False Alarm

Recently I guess there was some kind of chemical spill, or something, that caused a lot of people in WV to be without clean water. I don't know the whole story because I never watch the news due to the fact that it always just makes me hate our society more than I already do. Anyway, yesterday my sister called and said they were saying that the water for the entire state had been contaminated. It actually turned out to be a false alarm (I don't know how that happened, but whatever). Even if it had been for real, it wouldn't actually have affected me because my dad has well-water, not city water, so our would have been safe from contamination. I started thinking about it and realized how much better it is to not have to count on other people for survival. I realized that one of my goals in life is to depend on others as little as possible, particularly the government and society. I would love to know that I could make due even if the rest of the world fell apart because, to be honest, I feel like there is a decent chance that it will. I really want to find a way to exist without having to depend on society or it's rules. I have said for years that I eventually want to live off-the-grid and I had sort of let that idea go until this whole water issue. Now I'm thinking that is actually one of my major life goals. I think it should be near the top of my list too, cause you never know when the zombie apocalypse might come.

2 comments:

  1. I also want to be as off the grid as possible someday! And I always have a zombie apocalypse escape plan (seriously).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be really cool to start an off-the-grid community someday, with zombie proofing of course :)

      Delete