Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Physics

Lately I have been drinking this vegan protein powder stuff. I have been partly drinking it to help me build muscle, but mostly just because I really hate cooking, and just being able to throw some of this stuff in a bottle makes my life easier. That's not actually the point of this post though. The point is, I recently thought "You know what would be really nice? Getting protein and caffeine at the same time!" So I started mixing coffee with the protein powder. It works quite well.....except for one thing. For some reason that is beyond my understanding of physics, if I use hot coffee it turns the powder into a giant gelatinous glob in the bottom of the bottle. No amount of shaking will break up said glob after it has formed. The only solution is to let the coffee get completely cool before pouring it into the bottle. Sometime I just don't have time for that, which means that sometimes I end up chewing my protein shake, which is fucking gross. If someone can explain to me why this happens, I would be very interested to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment