Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Fiction-spiration

You know how people are always posting various types of "inspiration" all over the internet? You know, quotes from famous people, anecdotes about people who have done amazing things, even those random little phrases designed to encourage you to do whatever it is you think you should be doing (working out, eating healthy, etc.). I have never found any of that stuff particularly inspiring though.

You know what I find inspiring? Fiction. I mean really, if I'm going to take advice from someone why would I pick an author who died fifty years ago?  If I'm going to try to emulate someone, why should it be some random person who climbed a mountain or something? My point is, real life is too damn boring to inspire me. If I'm going to try to change my life based on advice from anyone, it might as well be someone who saved the world or something. And, as far as I'm concerned, nothing can convince you to get in shape quite like watching people do things with their bodies that seem to (or actually do) defy the laws on physics.Of course, this is also the reason why my top career choices include things like; Demon Hunter, Vampire Slayer, and S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent.

No comments:

Post a Comment