Monday, November 10, 2014

Who Would've Thought?

Do you remember how, forever ago, I mentioned that I was going to try to learn to do metalworking? Then I decided it was going to be too much of a pain in the ass and made some clay jewelry instead? Then how I got bored with the clay jewelry and stopped doing it altogether? Well, I've been thinking about it lately, and I still really want to learn to do metalworking. So I bought a book about it. It seems like for the kind of stuff I want to do (making designs out of clay, making molds of them, then casting them in metal) what I need is sand. Apparently, there is a technique in which you just press the model into this special, very fine grain, sand and that becomes the mold for the metal. That sounds so straightforward that even I can't get too annoyed with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment