Friday, November 14, 2014

Finally!

I finally got confirmation of something that I have been wondering about for years. I do, in fact, look far shittier in pictures that I do in real life. I used to absolutely refuse to even let anyone take my picture because they always came out horrible. Then my sister started doing photography and convinced me to let her take my picture. It came out much, much better than pictures of me generally come out, so I decided that she is the only one allowed to take my picture. Here's the thing though, even in her pictures which are, without a doubt, the best pictures of myself I have seen, I still always look worse than I do in real life. 

For a long time, I honestly thought that I was delusional or something. I would look in the mirror and think "Okay, I look decent today." Then I would see a picture from the same day and think "What the fuck happened?" No one else ever acknowledged this though, so I thought I must have a some sort of skewed perspective on the way I really look. Which was pretty disappointing really. Well, yesterday someone finally told me, without my asking, that I "Don't photograph well". I probably shouldn't be happy about that, but it's nice to know that I'm not just insane, and also that I don't actually look like that. 
Sam knows what it's like to take bad pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment