Friday, September 6, 2013

What Are You Complaining about?

As I mentioned a couple of days ago, my dad and I have started watching Farscape. The basic idea of the show is that an astronaut gets sucked into a wormhole and ends up lost somewhere in the universe with no idea where he is in relation to Earth. He spends a large portion of his time just trying to figure out how to get back home. This concept seems to be a really common theme in the Sci/Fi and Fantasy genres. It seems like someone is always getting lost in some amazing place and then moping and whining about how much they want to go home. Just once I would like to see someone get lost in some distant and magical place and be like "Fuck yeah! I'm staying here! This is so much better than where I come from!" because that's what I would say, if I were in that situation.
Quit you're bitching Crichton! Damn! 

2 comments:

  1. Right?! They should be grateful for such an experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's so annoying! If I got sucked through a wormhole, I would know how to appreciate it.

      Delete