Thursday, September 5, 2013

Personas

We all have different personas that we use in different areas of our lives, yeah? Well, I guess I got a little too comfortable dividing myself into different parts, because I recently noticed that I do the same thing in my online life. I find that my Facebook has become basically like my normal public persona. I don't really say much. Occasionally I make a polite comment about something someone else has said or done, and every once in a while I share something I think is clever or amusing. This blog is more like a glimpse inside my mind. Here, I say all of the things I'm thinking while I'm making polite conversation, nodding and smiling, or just trying to keep my mouth shut. Pinterest is where I keep all of the things that seem to speak to my very soul. If you look at my boards you will find all of the things that I love for reasons I can't explain, and things that express my thoughts and feelings more honestly than I can ever convince myself to. The one aspect of myself that manages to transcend the boundaries of my different online networks is the same as it is in real life. I do somehow work animal rights into every situation in my life, at least from time to time.
The two sides of Pinterest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment