Saturday, September 7, 2013

Just Embrace It

Today, my dad, my sister and I were talking about people having to choose between doing what they want to with their lives and living up to society's standards. I think a lot of people feel that they can't be who they are, or have the kind of life they want, because other people would look down on them. My thought on the whole thing is this; be who you are, and embrace it. If you don't want to sell your soul to some evil corporation just so you can make a lot of money, then don't. Please don't, but also don't be ashamed that you don't have as much money as your friends who did sell their souls. If you feel like you are less than them because you don't make as much money, they will also think of you as less than them. However, if you are proud of your choice and you accept the fact that you may have to live a more modest life because of it, they can't look down on you. I'm fairly certain this system works in almost any situation. For the most part, people are assholes. They can tell when you're ashamed of something, and they will take advantage of that. As long as you are unashamed, you can do damn near anything you want and they can't say anything to you. I know this from personal experience. Mayhap I will go into greater detail about how I know at a later date.
.......is basically what I'm saying

No comments:

Post a Comment