Friday, September 13, 2013

Out of Gas

You know that feeling in the air right before it storms really hard? I love that feeling! It was quite strong yesterday while I was on my way to work, which was nice because it sort of distracted me from the fact that I was on my way to work. As I pulled into the parking lot, it was just beginning to rain but it felt like a huge storm could erupt at any second. I actually thought "Hey, maybe the power will go out and I can go home!" Mistake! Guess what. The power did go out. Guess what else. That no longer means that we get to go home. Now it apparently means that we have to ring people out with a fucking calculator. Luckily, it came back on pretty quickly and I only actually ended up having to do one sale with the calculator. Still, by the time we got the registers working again, there was a huge line of people waiting to check out. Plus, we could only take cash, so several people just abandoned their stuff and vowed to come back and get it later. One or two actually did. I will never wish for the power to go out again!

2 comments:

  1. That sucks! They should let you go, when that happens.

    I also love that feeling in the air :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Last time I worked there they did. Apparently this is yet another rule that has changed.

      It's fantastic isn't it? :)

      Delete