Monday, December 31, 2012

Looking Back

Well everyone 2013 is almost here, so here is a list of my twelve favorite things from 2012, some I would generously call "accomplishments" others are just random things that happened to me.

1. I interned at Farm Sanctuary's Acton California shelter. This actually entailed three pretty exciting things. The internship itself, traveling to California (which I have always wanted to do) and flying for the first time in my life.
2. I got paid for writing for the first time, thanks to The Flaming Vegan!
3. I ended up with As in all of my classes (the gods of laziness have smiled upon me once again.)
4. I spoke about animal rights in front of a room full of people (more than once.)
5. I learned how to go from standing into a back bend and then back to standing, quite awkwardly for now but I'm still working on it.
6. I discovered an affinity for British Television (thanks to my Pinterest friends) which has somehow managed to make my own voice inside my head speak with an English accent most of the time.
7. I learned to go across the rafters in the pig barn like monkey bars.
8. I have gotten into the habit of getting up absurdly early in the mornings, like between 3 and 5 early, which for some reason really seems to be working for me.
9. I had a class with a vegan professor.
10. I have gotten to the point where I am, at least sort of, satisfied with my body. Okay, maybe satisfied isn't the right word, but I don't completely hate it anyway.
11. I Finally got a coat that I like. I know that sounds stupid but I have wanted a sort of signature coat for years and I finally have one.
12. I have learned to stand up for my beliefs, at least a little bit.

2 comments:

  1. I love your list! It looks like you've had a great year!
    (1) Congratulations on your grades!
    (2) Good for you for public speaking. I hate public speaking.
    (3) I must see you cross the pig barn by the rafters. Must. See.
    (4) Good for you for the positive self image. I'm jealous of that.
    (5) I want to see your coat! I'm sure it's pretty.
    (6) Standing up for your beliefs is a process, I think. Sounds like you are making good process.
    (7) Sorry about the 7-point list. I like lists a little too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's been decent.
      1. Thank you!
      2. I hate it too, and I wasn't very good at it. I did survive it though, and it wasn't actually as bad as I thought it would be.
      3. Deal.
      4. I don't know if I would call it "positive" but it's not as negative as it used to be.
      5. It's really weird but I love it! It has bell sleeves, a hood and a corset lacing going up the back.
      6. It definitely is. I still have a long way to go.
      7. Hahahha. As I'm sure you can tell, I'm pretty fond of lists myself.

      Delete