Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Happy Whatever

The holidays always remind me how far removed I am from the rest of society. It seems that for most people there are two approaches to the holidays 1 embrace the whole family togetherness thing, or 2 get drunk. Neither of those things appeal to me. Of course a large part of the problem I have with the holidays comes from the fact that I refuse to ignore the inherent hypocrisy in celebrating "peace on earth" while millions of animals are being killed for some ridiculous feast, but that part I'm okay with. I decided a couple of years ago that I am not going to do the family dinner thing anymore because I can't stand to just sit there and pretend that I don't mind that they're eating an innocent animal. What bothers me is when I try to do things that I don't have any moral objection to and still can't seem to find any enjoyment in them. But oh well, happy holidays.      

No comments:

Post a Comment