Friday, February 21, 2014

Wow! Thanks, Subconscious!

You know how, when you're asleep, sometimes your subconscious will sort of work the things that are happening in the real world into your dreams? Well, here's a good one for you.

I like to sleep with my window slightly open. Usually it's totally fine because the way my window is positioned keeps any rain, or snow, or whatever from coming in. Well apparently last night it was both rainy AND windy, so the rain started blowing in through the window and hitting me in the face while I was sleeping. Would you like to know what my subconscious mind came up with as an explanation for all the little drops of moisture hitting my face? In my dream I (and several other people, though I can't remember who they were) were standing in this dungeon type room. It was basically a huge box made of bricks. I can't remember what the room was supposed to be, or why we were there. What I do remember is that the walls and ceiling suddenly started leaking. That's not so bad, you say. But oh, I'm not done yet. It wasn't water, it was blood. There were little drops of blood dripping out from between the bricks. So yeah, I got rained on in my sleep and my brain decided that the best things it could do with that was to put me in a dungeon and have the walls bleed on me. I'm sure that's totally normal and definitely not a sign of any sort of mental illness or anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment